Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Graphic Novelists - Day 29

Art Spiegelman is someone I've always wanted to photograph, so I was thrilled when he agreed to be a part of my new project. We had been shooting on Art's Soho roof deck for a little while when he grabbed a piece of chalk and began drawing on the side of a neighboring building. As soon as he was done and sat under it, I knew immediately it was THE shot.
I first read Art's Pulitzer Prize-winning graphic novel, Maus back when I was in college, in the early 90's, and since then my copy's been passed around to just about every member of my family. Also great are The Wild Party: The Lost Classic by Joseph Moncure March and In the Shadow of No Towers.

Photobucket

1 comment:

David said...

I love this photo. It's my new desktop image. Can't wait to see the completed project!