Saturday, September 6, 2008

CAMBA - Day 2

Friday, I did the second shoot for a new project, which I recently hinted at. Now that's it's been finalized, I can talk about it. Several months ago I was contacted by an organization called CAMBA, a non-profit Brooklyn based agency that provides services that connect people with opportunities to enhance their quality of life. They had seen my book, The Brooklyites, and thought I might want to work on something with them. They were right, and the first thing that came to mind was to produce a photo book which they would be able to use to promote their organization. The concept is to photograph some of the interesting people who are involved with CAMBA, as well as residents of Flatbush, the section of Brooklyn where CAMBA started. I will be teaming up with my Brooklynites co-author, Anthony Lasala, who will be writing the text, and designer, John DaPonte, who will be handling the design and packaging.

The first shoot was with singer/songwriter Maya Azucena, which I posted a couple of weeks back. The photo below, is of Graig Grant aka "muMs," who you may remember from his role of Poet on the HBO prison drama OZ.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Seth. I didn't realize muMs was in Brooklyn now. I thought he was still Uptown. We could have invited him to AGD in BK.