Thursday, March 20, 2008

Graphic Novelists Day 4

Moving along on the project, I shot artist Tim Hamilton today with his dogs in Ft. Greene Park.
Photobucket

I think this is a good time to discuss the locations of these portraits. My concept is to photograph each artist in a place that somehow pertains to their work. Tim, for example, did an online comic called Pet Sitter, which takes place in Ft. Greene Park and features dogs. Simon Fraser did a comic called Lily Mackenzie, which has a retro sci-fi look, as most of his work does, so we decided to have him on the boardwalk in Coney Island with the rocket behind him. So, as you see, none of the locations are arbitrary. I have a feeling that picking the right locale for each subject might end up being the most challenging part of this project.

2 comments:

Tim Hamilton said...

Thanks Seth!
Although, he dogs stole my thunder as I knew they would.

: )

Anonymous said...

Now we have a mental image for when Tim says, "...gotta walk the dogs now..."